Zilina - Urban Stories
Town of Zilina. Are you wondering what has this town on the half way between Bratislava and High Tatras to offer? What is like Zilina today? Sleepy industrial town?...or vivid basecamp for sports and nature lovers surrounded by mountains? Town on the perifery of Slovakia? ..or heart of North-West region? Busy transportation junction? ..or place where construction workers are struggling to build tunnel for last 20 years? Zilina has many stories to tell. Discover with us!
During this 2 hour car or bike tour we will explore off the beaten track spots and hear authentic stories. Explore how 20th century shaped life of the people in Zilina. Discover identity of this town.
- Church of St. Stephan the King - the oldest cultural monument in the town
- Zilina during WWII – operation Anthropoid, deportations of Jewish population
- Slovena factory – first factory in Zilina, heritage of the industrial revolution
- Story of Treska – legendary local fish product
- Story of Peter Sagan & MŠK Zilina football club - sport heroes in Zilina
- Drive around KIA motors factory – car industry story (only version - by car)
- Bulvár "Champ Elysee" of Zilina - fame and fall of the communist era architecture
- Transport (car / bike)
- Snack & drink